Back in March, I received the Vape Box of the month (the theme was Mod Madness) and I received this little gem from Think Vape. In desperate need of a new mod to try out, I gave this one a go.
It’s not very often that a mod like this catches peoples eye, yet the questions over the past couple of months have been pretty often. “Dude, where did you get that?! What mod is that?!” The replacement of colorful LED lights with a sleek and elegant design is what makes the Exus Ark mod stand out worlds above anything else currently on the market.
- Dimensions: 87mm by 64mm by 27mm
- Dual 18650 High-Amp Battery – Not Included
- Wattage Ouput Range: 5-200W
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm
- Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
- Ni200 Nickel , Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
- Durable Alloy Metal Frame
- Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
- Oversized Top Firing Button
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- Bottom-Loaded Sliding Battery Door
- Low Battery Voltage Protection
- Low Resistance Protection
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- MicroUSB Port
- 510 Connection – Fits up to 25mm
- Box comes with charger cord, user manual, mod, warranty card
- The top firing button is a huge plus if your hands are full and need to bring your mod in your pocket for a brief amount of time (not something I would recommend…but these things happen.
- Ergonomically, the grip design on the side also helps in situations where you have to carry your mod with other things. I never felt like this was going to easily slip through my fingers and fall to the ground.
- This easily picks up adjustments to your resistance and adjusts accordingly. No locking in of ohms on this one. Likewise, this also senses when an atomizer has changed and confirms the new coils before firing.
- The sleek design is eye-catching and fits nicely with stainless steel atomizers, if you get the brown leather or red leather. The black leather would do nicely with black atomizers and would probably still look pretty awesome with stainless steel. The black carbon fiber would obviously look good with black atomizers while still maintaining that elegant visual.
- The ST200 chipset provides solid ramp up time and monitors all aspects of your vape experience pretty accurately. Temp control, nickel, stainless steel, nichrome, it’s all compatible here! Add to that the fact that this small frame ramps up to 200 watts and doesn’t feel cheap like a certain Alien might…
- There is no on-off option. Click the button 3 times to change modes (although it may take a little bit to understand how to navigate through the menus). Click six times to lock (and six more times to unlock). It can be a little annoying to try and get super involved in the menu options.
- The door on the bottom of the battery bay doesn’t slide on easily everytime. There is some maneuvering to get the door to slide just right, then it’s seven clicks to turn this on. I have had a few instances where I had to slide the door off then back on (maybe I didn’t get it on the track correctly the first time??)
- The 25mm dock for your atomizer isn’t a deal breaker, but there are some tanks and drippers that could look fantastic on this, if only they didn’t slightly overhang off the edges.
- Average retail on this is $79.99, but I found quite a few places online that list their price at $55-$60 bucks. Not terrible for a mod like this, and I honestly feel like you get what you pay for in this scenario. It feels incredibly reliable in the long term and doesn’t feel like an overburden like some bulkier mods might.
You can find the mod here at VaporDNA. If you would like the chance to possibly get hardware like this (and an incredible selection of juice monthly), visit vape-box.com or click the banner below to support this website!